What is Drug & Alcohol Rehab?
Participants in a drug and alcohol rehab program live in a supported, structured alcohol and drug free environment allowing them to learn the skills and attributes necessary to integrate back into society as drug and alcohol free individuals.
Our residential program is a supervised accommodation service that provides opportunities for participants to explore their patterns of relating, resulting in improved life skills easily transferable to their relationships and workplace.
Clients receive daily in-house group therapy for their convenience. They also receive personalised counselling and two evening groups in our consulting suites. Support groups such as 12-step fellowships in the community and after care groups at other services are also encouraged for ongoing permanent success.
Who is the program for?
- People wanting to continue and enhance their recovery success
- People who want to consolidate treatment
- Those who are engaged in after care or other day programs
- People awaiting access to other long term recovery programs
What is expected of you?
- Remaining abstinent from alcohol and other drugs
- Attending at least 5 12 step meetings a week
- Commitment to 12 step programs
- Adherence to the structure developed for you
- Attending community meetings
- Performing household chores
What do I need to bring?
- Personal clothing etc
- Personal items to make your stay comfortable
- Magazines or books
- Laptop,mobile phone, music
- Other personal items to enhance your room such as photo’s etc.
What will we provide?
- We provide all bedding, linen and towels
- Your own room in modern comfortable house in inner city, close to public transport
- Support & supervision
- Personalized care plan
- All meals
- Real life environment with like minded peers
- Urine testing
- Building & strengthening living skills
How long can I stay?
There is no set time a client needs to stay. You can stay weeks or months. Length of time is determined by clients’ needs. Individual treatment plans are constructed to allow the clients to rebuild their lives.
What is life like in residential recovery?
The residence is located in a safe neighborhood that is free of drug or alcohol temptations. You will feel a new sense of hope and enthusiasm for life. When you join the Professional Recovery Program positivity quickly replaces feelings of isolation, shame and guilt. The atmosphere of enthusiasm and zest for living a drug-free life is infectious giving you a real sense of hope. Excellent accommodation is just the start of this great program. The Residential Program is a highly specialized program designed to give you the best possible chance of success.
What research supports recovery programs?
Research findings support the idea that residential programs maximize treatment success. Current Australian Statistics on success rates for total abstinence 12 months after leaving detoxification are:
Detoxification alone success 5.1%
Detoxification with 3 to 6 months 61.8%
residential & self help program success
Ian Smith 1989 International Journal of Addictions, 21 (1)
To Speak with our Coordinator Call (03) 9537 0880